The Ingham Institute Research Methodology Seminar Series
The seminar series will be held at the Thomas and Rachel Moore Education Centre, Liverpool Hospital and will commence Thursday 15th June 2017 from 4-5pm with sessions 1-10 video-conferenced to Campbelltown Hospital.
The Seminar Series comprises the following 3 components:
- Sessions 1-8 will focus on how to initiate a research project; what study design to choose; how to prepare research protocol and how to make your research project worth publishing; how to lodge proper ethics applications; introduction to qualitative research and some introduction to basic statistical tools.
- The use of library facilities to assist research projects will be discussed in sessions 9-10.
- Sessions 11 to 13 will be computer practice sessions focusing on the use of SPSS to conduct basic statistical analysis including descriptive statistics, statistics inference, categorical data analysis and analysis on longitudinal data.
The Seminar Series is suitable for the following audiences:
- Postgraduate Students doing clinical and public health courses
- PhD Candidates doing their research projects and writing up their thesis
- Research Nurses who would like to establish research projects
- Clinicians and Clinical Trial Coordinators who are interested in research work
- Health Care Professionals who want to refresh their knowledge on medical statistics in general
- Anyone else who wants to know a bit of what medical statistics is about
The cost of attending the Seminar Series is $600 for sessions 1-10; $250 for attending sessions 11 to 13. A discount price for attending all the 13 sessions is $700.
Fees will be waived for staff/students of the Ingham Institute for Applied Medical Research, South Western Sydney Local Health District (SWSLHD), University of New South Wales or Western Sydney University.
View a copy of the 2017 Seminar Series Program here.
To register, simply complete the Registration Form and return to Dr Wei Xuan.
For more information, please contact Seminar Convenor Dr Wei Xuan at firstname.lastname@example.org