South West Sydney Research brings together healthcare, research and health education entities in South West Sydney as a co-ordinated Hub.MORE ABOUT SWSR
Healthy Placemaking Symposium – Western Parkland City: POSTPONED
POSTPONED: NEW DATE TO BE ADVISED
If you have a part in shaping cities, neighbourhoods and streets in the Western Parklands City and care about human and planetary health, you need to be at this symposium. This is an event for designers, engineers, planners, developers, government authorities, researchers, community builders and public health specialists.
Overarching themes and topics will include:
- Designing and engineering great ‘healthy’ streets in the Western Parkland City
- The art and practice of healthy placemaking
- Opportunities for designing a Western Sydney healthy airport & Aerotropolis
- Urban heat mitigation in Sydney’s western suburbs
- Green open spaces and the public health story of trees
- Why people in Sydney’s west are getting bigger – the rise of the obesogenic suburb
- Transport planning in the Western Parkland City – designing for humans (not cars)
- ‘Placemaking for Human Health’ – a design challenge put to a few placemaking experts to create a place in south western Sydney that drives social connectivity, active transport and mental health.
Click HERE for more information.
|Time:||8:30 am - 4:30 pm|
|Venue:||Western Sydney University Liverpool Campus|