South West Sydney Research brings together healthcare, research and health education entities in South West Sydney as a co-ordinated Hub.MORE ABOUT SWSR
Karitane’s dedicated research team is working on a number projects with universities and other organisations. Karitane welcomes research partnerships to inform and improve outcomes and clinical practice for children and families. Completed research projects have been published. Some recent research projects:
- Circle of Security Parenting Education Program Evaluation
- Infant massage for unsettled babies
- Parenting practices and child temperament in early childhood disruptive behaviour problems
- Toddler biology and behaviour
- Parent-Child Interaction Therapy (PCIT) for families with children 15-24 months
- Maternal separation anxiety, parenting and infant behavioural disturbance
- Separation anxiety in pregnancy
- The perinatal journey
Family Partnership in Practice Karitane also has a research partnership with Peking University comparing the use of Chinese traditional medicine and western interventions for the treatment of mothers experiencing postnatal depression.
Employed by or formally affiliated with Karitane? You are eligible to register.